Tuesday 4 February 2014

A Little Different



Last week I took the Stencil Classes online and had every intention of playing along.  Great, informative videos and wonderfully made cards.  You can sign up anytime.  Well, life got in the way so here I am today with a card I created for a one layer card challenge at Splitcoast.  
I called my card 'A Little Different' because I used my stencil a bit differently then shown in the classes.  I created my background by inking my stencil on top of a piece of scrap piece of paper.  I rubbed Distress inks directly on the plastic stencil then placed on my card front.  With a baby wipe, I wiped across the stencil as if I were cleaning it off.  The ink then transferred to the paper and I love the mottled brick look it created.  I stamped the flowers and added a bit of shine to the flower tops which is hard to see but lovely IRL.

I am adding my card to these challenges:
One-Layer Simplicity Challenge- CAN YOU REPEAT THAT?
Simon Says Stamp- TWINE or STRING

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Unity, Penny Black/ Distress ink/ stencil/ Glitter pen/ twine

16 comments:

Heather said...

A gorgeous card Karen - I love your stenciled background - fabulous colours and your silhouette image is stunning!!

Thanks so much for joining Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
hugs
Heather xx

Heather T said...

That background is so effective, Karen. I am amazed you got so much colour just by wiping it off the stencil. Great new technique and a gorgeous card.

DianeMoneyGoolsby said...

Karen, Glad you're joining us at Simply Create Too for our Mother's Day/Female Challenge. Your card is great--love the stenciled background and your 'how-to'.

Diane
Simply Create Too Design Team Member
http://DianesDigitalDesigns.blogspot.com

joy said...

Very unique and gorgeous in the blues!

Pat said...

Different background and really beautiful results! I love the slant of the grid, and I love what you've done with the rest of the card, too. TFS

Dotty Jo said...

Fabulous technique Karen, your card looks wonderful! Jo x

Gabby said...

Your card may be a "little different" but it sure is great, Karen! Nice stenciling and pretty colors and design. :)

Susanne Vargas said...

What a great idea you came up with to use stencils! This card is beautiful!

Cat Craig said...

This is gorgeous. Wonderful stencil use. Pinning!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, my precious friend, you are amazing! Each and every beautiful CAS card you do makes me smile and say "wow," she is amazing! And your colors are always so vibrant and striking! Plus you use such great techniques with what looks like ease to me!! I love it, Karen! You are so sweet too!! Hugs!

Crea-Sandra said...

Beautiful card, love the image and colors!
Thanks for joining us at Simply Create Too!
♥ Sandra ♥

Donna Mosley said...

Beautiful card.

Donna x

maria f. said...

What a great effect you've achieved for your BG. Such pretty colors, too. Thanks for joining the fun at Simply Create Too!

JanR said...

Gorgeous, Karen! And what an awesome technique!

Unknown said...

Love the design and I'm going to give the baby wipe technique a go

Sarah Ashley Posch said...

I absolutely love the look of the background with your flowers!