Friday 16 May 2014

Bloom Where You are Planted


Phew!  Busy week with lots going on.  There never seems to be enough extra time to play; I love to play.  I saw this challenge at Splitcoast this am and wanted to play along.  The challenge was to Grab and Go; grab the closest thing to you that is new and not been used.  This new set from Penny Black called Friendship Flowers was sitting in a box right beside me just waiting to be used.
I had an extra background that I made using the Embossing Folder Stamping technique.  You can read about how to do it HERE.  I simply stamped the panel then coloured with Copics in the same colours as the background.  I thought the flowers needed something so I added some white dots using my white Signo Pen then mounted the panel with pop dots.  

I am adding my card to these challenges:


Addicted to CAS- OFF THE EDGE


Simon Says Monday Challenge- M (misting with water)



Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps-Penny Black/ Copic markers/ eb folder/ Distress inks/ Wh. Signo pen/ bl Memento ink

11 comments:

maria's knutselplezier said...

Super Karen I love this , great image an great not so usual colours!!

Greetings
Maria

Lee-Anne said...

Life has gotten in the way of stamping and commenting...but had to leave some love for this beauty, Karen! What an awesome layout/design...love this!

Deepti said...

Oh Karen!! Love the beauties u create all the time :) Love the idea of how you put up the sentiment

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Jean said...

This is brilliant! I love how you've used the PB stamp set!

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, my, Karen, this is fabulous! I am loving all the beautiful cards you have been making using this fabulous technique! You are rocking it, GF! Hugs!!

stressfreestamping said...

Karen, you keep making all of these beautiful cards that I am falling in love with!!! I love the honeycomb background and this is such a beautiful effect. I must give this a try!!! Thanks for joining us at ATCAS. :)

Emma Williams said...

A really pretty card and I love the interpretation of our theme and the gorgeous blue colour tones! Thank you so much for sharing your project and for joining us over at the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge Blog...

Anni said...

Wow - just wow!
Anni

Michelle said...

Karen, this is really pretty! What a wonderful technique. Thank you for sharing your card with us this week for the Simon Says Stamp Monday Challenge. ~Michelle

Jaydee said...

Gorgeous, Karen. I love the colors and the touch of white really makes those flowers pop. Great use of the background technique, too. So glad you joined us at ATCAS this week
jaydee