Sunday 24 May 2015

Brusho Magic

Brusho magic.  
That's how I feel about this wonderful paint medium.  Just sprinkle, spray with water and watch the magic happen.  I wanted to make a simple card and thought the Brushos would work for that.  
Well, they didn't disappoint.  

I began by sprinkling Purple Brusho onto the top part of my 90lb. watercolour paper and then sprinkled some Emerald Green onto the bottom part of the paper.  I then sprayed the whole thing with a generous amount of water and watched it all blend together.  I also dripped a bit of bleach over the piece to remove some of the paint to add interest.
When my paper was all dry, I used a die and cut the center of the card so I could use that piece to stamp the This Day sentiment from Penny Black and embossed with white.  I mounted that onto a black piece of cardstock and pop dotted it over the cut away area.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Allsorts- HAPPY 6th


Time Out- GRUNGE WITH EMBOSSING

City Crafters- INKY-nes 'S'

Simply Papercraft- CHALLENGE #5



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamp- Penny Black/ Brushos/ wh. embossing powder/ heat gun/ pop dots/ Bleach


19 comments:

Tracy Penney said...

Karen, this is gorgeous. The colours looking amazing and I love that cool technique. I would love to see you in actions with all your amazing techniques.

AJ Bodine said...

Gorgeous! And so true :)

brenda said...

Gorgeous inkiness Karen, I'm a big Brusho fan as well, as your card proves you get such amazing and intense blends of colour.

Thanks so much for joining our birthday celebrations at Allsorts, good luck with the big prize draw and don't forget the DT have more prizes on their own blogs.

B x

Ros Crawford said...

This is a fabulous card!! Must check out that brusho! Thanks so much for playing along at CCCB!!

judkajudi said...

Love this technique .. have to check out that brusho stuff!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done and great colors. I like the white on the bold colors too!

alexandra s.m. said...

so Beautiful Karen!
You give me ideas;)
Thank You!

Becca Cruger said...

Magic is right! When working with brushos you almost have to keep things simple because it just doesn't need any more embellishments! Stunning!

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Awesome design, thanks for sharing with us at CCCB!

Deepti said...

This color combinations so gorgeous !

Ardyth said...

STUNNING! Love the dramatic background and gorgeous blending!

Pamellia said...

Well Karen, thanks to your inspiration I finally broke down and ordered the 12 pack started kit of Brushos! You do such gorgeous work them, I can't wait to give them a go! happy holiday monday :)

Bobby said...

Those Brushos are magic, Karen. This is such a dramatic background.

Stella said...

Such a lovely card. Thanks so much for joining us at CCCB this week!

Lisa Kind said...

What a cool card! I love that background! Thanks for taking the Time Out to play with us!

Jo Channon said...

A fabulous piece Karen and I too love Brushos they are so clever! Thankyou so much for joining us at Allsorts this week especially for our Birthday celebration week. Jo x

Craftnut said...

Thanks for joining our 6th birthday challenge at allsorts tracy x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

What a brilliant idea to pop it on top of the cut out, must try and remember that. Love the effect of the lovely colours

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This reminds me of a dark and stormy sky. It is quite wonderful.