Tuesday 5 April 2016

Big Thanks


 Good Morning.
Snow here today...enough to shovel and freezing temperatures.  Sure doesn't feel like April!!

I am feeling like I have lost my 'mojo' the past few weeks.  That does happen from time to time and I guess I have just been too busy and haven't got time to get my creative juices flowing.  With today's card, I am trying to get back into the swing of things.  I find this simple, easy layout is a great 'go to' sketch when I don't know where to start.

Another way I like to re-start my creativity is to play along with the challenges at Splitcoast Stampers.
So today, that's what I am doing.  Playing along with 2 of the challenges posted there.
The TLC Challenge is to create a one-layer card and the CAS Challenge is called April Showers.

So onto my card details.  I began by masking a panel on my card front first then placed my card inside my MISTI.  Next, I inked the flowers using Distress inks and stamped.  I repeated this process to get a nice clear and dark image.  I also did this with the leaves and the 'whimsical' raindrops I added to the background.  I sponged the edges of the panel to add definition as well.  
The sentiment is from the same Simon Says Stamp set and is stamped with Memento black.

This month, the challenge at  One-Layer Simplicity is being hosted by the most talented Susan Raihala and is called As You Wish.  Easy, right?  I wish to be out in my garden, enjoying the sunshine and flowers.  


I am adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

CAS on Sunday- FLOWERS

Just Us Girls- RAINDROPS



Thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.  I appreciate it so much.
For those of you that may have missed it, I have added a PINTEREST button to my blog.  Just move your mouse over the photo and you will see the 'P' magically appear.

Supplies:  stamps- SSS/ ink:  Distress and Memento/ MISTI/ applicator tool/ Mini Mister

19 comments:

Donna Ellis said...

Hi, Karen! Delightful and colorful! Beautiful card! xo

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

This is really beautiful, love the colours.

CherylQuilts said...

Well, precious friend, I would NEVER know you've run out of mojo! This is gorgeous, and I love simplicity and these beautiful colors! Beautiful stamps and a wonderful card, as always, sweet friend! Hugs! xoxo

Loll said...

Beautiful card Karen. Love the layout and design ... and your gorgeous flowers. Snow?? Again?? Crazy weather this year. Hope it melts soon and you can be out in your garden. xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

So beautiful! I love the open white space on it. A great CAS design!

Susan said...

This is a great design. You have inspired me! Thanks for sharing at CAS on Sunday!

nancy littrell said...

Love your masked one layer flower panel Karen. So Spring and cheerful. TFS my friend.

Stacy Sheldon said...

the stamped parts have so much depth to them Karen :)

Susanne Vargas said...

This is beautiful! Love the colors and the dimension you achieved!

3kidmama said...

So pretty! I keep forgetting that I can use Distress Inks to stamp - using them along with the MISTI is genius! It would eliminate my biggest drawback to stamping with them (sometimes Distress didn't give a sharp enough stamped image).

Lovely color choice in this card!

Dortesjs said...

lovely and stylus card

Brawny x said...

Fabulous card. Lovely design x

coldwaters2 said...

Hi Karen this is absolutely gorgeous a wonderful CAS style card I love it
hugs
lorraine x

Lisa Kind said...

Very pretty card! Love the color palette! Thanks for playing with Just Us Girls!

Virginia L. said...

Fabulous, Karen! As always your blue/ green card are always so eye -catching! So glad that you join the fun over Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes”” Challenge!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

A one layer beauty! Love those flowers and the color you used on them.

Mariken said...

What a lovely card you've made! Thank you for joining our challenge at CAS on Sunday!!
Mariken

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So pretty! One wouldn't know you were snowed in when you made this since it just screams sunshine and warm weather!

Susan Raihala said...

Karen, your mojo appears to have returned readily! Love the blues with the splashes of green, and that bold black sentiment is so very satisfying design-wise!