Sunday 16 October 2016

Christmas Inspired



 Good Morning.
I am finally feeling inspired to get working on my Christmas cards.  Easy to do with stamps like this!
Today, I am playing with the Full Bloom stamp from Penny Black.

I began by using some masking fluid and dripped it onto my card front.  I let that dry then placed my stamp into my MISTI.  I coloured the leaves and berries with Memento markers, sprayed with water and stamped.  I repeated that process until I was happy with the colours.
I stamped the sentiment from the Yuletide Wishes with black Memento ink and heat embossed it with clear powder.  I like to do that to darken up the sentiment and make it resist the ink.
Then I took some Peeled Paint Distress ink and rubbed it over my background.  
I rubbed off the masking fluid and then added some more snow by splattering white acrylic paint. 



That's it.
Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- TOTALLY RESISTIBLE 

Just Add Ink- JUST ADD 'G' 
(greenery)

Challenge Up Your Life- NATURAL MATERIALS

Crafting With Dragonflies- LET'S GO FLORAL


Thanks so much for taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black/ ink: Memento, Distress/ applicator tool/ masking fluid/ Memento markers/ MISTI


29 comments:

Heidi MyLittleStampingBlog said...

Beautiful! Great card, I love the masking fluid, I need to put that on my list. It looks like a pretty Christmas dream.

JanR said...

So lovely!

Becca Cruger said...

I've never thought about making snow with masking fluid!! It turned out spectacularly! Super dramatic and beautiful!

Cartes Mamilou (Louise Cyr) said...

Beautiful and CAS as always Karen. (Long time I had not come to your blog......Louise)

Verna Angerhofer said...

I love this and the way you used the masking fluid. I don't have any but I have a masking pen which might work. Guess when I find time I might try it. But this is certainly a beautiful Christmas card design. I always love your work!

LaVon Hall said...

I had forgotten about this masking fluid techique. It really does give a beautiful snowy effect. I am going to have to give it a try. Thanks for the inspiration.

Bobby said...

I love what you do with all those PB stamps like this, Karen. I keep saying I'm going to get some and I only hope I can do them justice when I do.

Diane Jaquay said...

This is just stunning, Karen, you are the QUEEN of one layer cards, m'dear!

CherylQuilts said...

Karen, it just doesn't get any more beautiful than this, my friend! I adore this card with the glorious colors and beautiful image! And what a beautiful sentiment! I wish you a white Christmas, sweet friend...but not too much! Hugs! xoxo

Donna said...

This is ABSOLUTELY beautiful, Karen. Love it tenfold. X

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Love this card, Karen. Just gorgeous!

Loll said...

WOW ... amazing card my friend!! xx

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the "snow fall", that beautiful branch and the soft sponged background!

Bonnie said...

This is gorgeous, Karen! I love the "snow fall", that beautiful branch and the soft sponged background!

Nstiz said...

WOW! After seeing this I'm tempted to go shopping again! I love the technique you used to stamp your image. You managed a watercolor look yet you still maintained a crisp, clean image! Beautifully done!

Gabi MeWi said...

May I have this?So beautiful.

Gabi MeWi said...

May I have this?So beautiful.

Karren said...

This is absolutely gorgeous, Karen!

Craftychris said...

This is so beautiful! The colours are wonderful and the masking fluid makes awesome snow! xxx

Wynn said...

Very pretty Christmas card. Thank you for sharing it with us at Crafting with Dragonflies. Wynn DT

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Gorgeous card! So inspired and vintage.

Patrice said...

OMGoodness I love all that 'greenery'. What a fabulous card you've created, Karen. Loving the snow! Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink this week. x

Anonymous said...

Stunning card - I really love how this card could be used for many occasions (just by changing the sentiment). It's timeless and classic. Chantell JAI

Aileen said...

Another beautiful card Karen, love this stamp. beautiful

Nikki Spencer said...

Such a beautiful card Karen. I love that image and soft watercolouring. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink.

ColourmehappyDi said...

This is so very delicate & lovely. You've definitely created a dreamy look with your colouring & images. Glad you could play along at Just Add Ink.
Di

Christine Blain said...

Wow! What a beautiful Christmas card. Thanks for sharing your talent with us at Just Add Ink this week, Karen!

Cathy said...

Stunning card Karen, you really make these PB stamps come to life! Gorgeous colours and inking, Cathy x

Jarka Ef said...

wonderful work :o) thank you for playing with us at crafting with dragonflies