Friday 18 November 2016

Getting Inky

 Morning.
Meet today's card.  A simple, CAS ready for the holidays.

So for this card, I began by masking the center area of my card using Painter's Tape.  I inked up the Full Bloom stamp from Penny Black using my Memento markers and my Misti.
Using the Misti, it is easy to add layers of colour to your stamped images.  
Next, I inked and stamped the cedar using a stamp from The Darkroom Door.  I think it helped to give the card a more Christmasy feel.  Then I sponged the edges using some Peeled Paint Distress ink and removed the masks.
I chose this sentiment from MFT and used black Memento ink to stamp it using my Misti.  I scored along the edges of the masks then added some Nuvo droplets for extra interest and texture.



 Adding my card to these challenges:

Addicted to Stamps and More- PHOTO INSPIRATION

As You Like It- FAVORITE CHRISTMAS COLOR COMBO
(green and red are my fav...very traditional and colours 
I grab for when making holiday cards)

Aud Sentiments Challenge- ANYTHING GOES

CRAFT- CHRISTMAS

CAS Mix Up- STAMPING/MASKING/ +YOUR CHOICE-Watercoloring


How are you doing with your holiday card?
Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- PB, MFT, DRD/ ink- Memento, Distress/ Nuvo/ ScorPal/ inking tool/ MISTI/ Memento marker


20 comments:

NJ Stamping Queen said...

I love your CAS card--your color choices are fabulous. Thanks for sharing this wonderful card with us at Addicted to Stamps and More challenge this week. Please join us again soon!
:) Marie--ATSM DT

nancy littrell said...

Your wonderful design is perfect for a quicker, but still very beautiful special handmade holiday card. An easy mailer too :-) TFS Karen. Hugs, Nancy

Verna Angerhofer said...

I really love this look! Awesome way of using that image and I am glad to see it look so very lovely as a Christmas design. This is so gorgeous!

Craftychris said...

So beautiful! xxx

Susan said...

Wonderful CAS design for a perfect Christmas card!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Ooh! Ooh! OOH! I like all that random greenery. It's so delightful !

Christine Alexander said...

wow. what a splash of Ghristmas greenery, so pretty :)

Ina G said...

What a fabulous traditional Christmas card you have created here. Love the layout.
PS I can't get your blog up on full screen.I only came up tiny on the left side till I enlarged it so I could comment.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, beautiful card, Karen. Gorgeous stamps and design. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Viv said...

Fab card and stamping and colouring too Karen ;) Viv xx

Elle Kay said...

This is very beautiful! Thanks for sharing at Aud Sentiments challenge blog!

Karren said...

Gorgeous! So detailed yet still so beautifully CAS.

Bobby said...

Those stamps look great stamped in a strip like that, Karen.

Bonnie said...

Wow! Simple but with a powerful impact, my friend!

Marlene Atkinson said...

A beautiful Christmas card. Thank you for sharing with us at craft challenge. Marlene DT

Loll said...

Gorgeous design Karen. Love your mix of stamped images with the sponged edges. This would be perfect for the CAS Mix Up challenge this month -- masking. Hope you'll join us. xx

Loll said...

YAY! Glad to see you at the CAS Mix Up challenge. Thanks for joining us Karen! xx

Bonnie said...

I was tickled to see this in our CAS Mix Up gallery, Karen! Love, love, love this!

Martina Svoboda said...

Perfect card, it looks summery on the first sight but its christmassy on a closer look. Brilliant! Martina ATSM DT

Donna said...

Some of my favourite colours again, Karen. Absolutely love this one. X