Friday 24 February 2017

Garden Grows

Meet today's card.

Playing with a piece of leftover inky paper.  
I keep my inky 'fails' in a box in the hopes that I can use them in the future.  That doesn't always happen but today it worked out.

I began with this blue inked paper.  I rubbed Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks onto my craft mat, sprayed with water and dragged my paper through the wet ink.
Then using a piece a drywall tape, I stenciled on the background to add depth.
Using a circle die from Spellbinders, I cut out the circle then used the flower die from Memory Box to die cut the flowers first from the circle piece then again on a piece of white cardstock.
I inlaid the white flowers into the sponged piece and glued them in place.
The sentiment from Impression Obsession was stamped using my MISTI.



Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

A Bit More Time to Craft- ANYTHING GOES

4 Crafty Chicks- STENCILS 

Southern Girls- NATURE INSPIRED


Thanks so much for coming and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- IO/ drywall tape/ ink- Memento, Distress/ die- Memory Box, Spellbinder/ Cuttlebug

16 comments:

Elizabeth said...

Gorgeous card, Karen. You've put your 'inky fail' to very good use and I love the finished design. Elizabeth xx

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautiful card with those inlaid flowers with that background you made. An awesome save of some leftovers.

nancy littrell said...

Your gorgeous card is so filled with creative depth my friend. TFS your steps. I love your inlaid flowers and beautiful sentiment too. TFS Hugs..

Susan said...

Even lovelier shades of blue this time! Love the use of the drywall tape and the inlaid flowers.

Lorraine A said...

Gorgeous card Karen, the whole design of this is so pretty! LOVE it :-)

Thanks for joining us on the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge
Luv
Lols x x x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

SO VERY Beautiful, love the blues and the white flowers added are a lovely addition.
Faith
x

Pat said...

What a great idea to upcycle a piece of blue coloured card Karen and the dry wall tape design gives those pretty white die cut flowers the perfect background. x

Marina said...

Gorgeous - I love how you combine the mixed media and cas looks.

Barb said...

It's a very beautiful card Karen. Barbxx

Rika said...

Pretty card,
i love the sentiment.

Loll said...

So pretty. I love smooshed background. The stenciling with dry wall tape looks great with the flowers. Pretty design with your inlaid diecuts, Karen. xx

Bonnie said...

I love these sweet flowers, Karen, and they're so pretty with the depth of colors in the background!

Bobby said...

The close up makes your circle look like a globe with it's longitude and latitude lines, Karen. It's very interesting and beautiful.

Sarn said...

Absolutely gorgeous. xxx

Lori Turner said...

Very pretty card! I love the drywall tape idea!!! Thanks for joining us at 4 Crafty Chicks this week xoxxo

Sarah said...

Beautiful blues and fabulous sentiment. Thanks for joining us at Southern Girls Challenge :)