Wednesday 22 January 2014

In Black and White


This was the week of challenging myself to use some of my new washi tape on my cards.  I like the stuff and have a few rolls of it but am never quite sure what to do with it.  The patterns and colours available now are just fantastic and it is super easy to work with.  
I made sort of a quilt pattern for this card by laying the washi tapes in different directions to make the pattern.  I then stamped the sentiment and mounted the finished piece with pop dots onto my card front.

Adding this card to these challenges:
Addicted to CAS- NEW

Hope you can get your 'washi' on and thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps; Michaels dollar bin/ washi tape/ bl Memento ink/ pop dots



10 comments:

vdoyle8 said...

Just visited your blog for the first time after seeing one of your cards on SCS. Love your work! This card is fabulous!

Unknown said...

Hi Karen - love your use of washi tape on this card; it's very striking. Like you I have lots but never sure how to add them but this quilt pattern is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Addicted to CAS.

Karen x

Cat Craig said...

A lovely pattern you have created with the washi.

shirley-bee said...

Love how you've used the washi!

LeAnne said...

Love this....a wonderful monochromatic card and the washi you used is fabulous!

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

I feel with you about Washi tape - although it sure looks like you know very well what to do with it - its great using as reposiitonal tape.....I use it mostly for that....

Davi said...

Karen, I love the way you used your pretty Washi tape! Very cool with the angles :)

Gabby said...

Nice design, Karen! Great use of your terrific washi tapes. :)

Nonni said...

Stunning way to use washi!

Kylie said...

Amazing use of washi tape. I love your new goodies! Thanks so much for playing along at ATCAS xx