Saturday 6 December 2014

It's Snow Fun


Happy Saturday.  I just have not used my vintage image stamps enough this year so decided to get one out and finally use it today.  I was inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast and the Papyrus card site.  Such wonderfully inspiring cards there.

So, a few years ago, I won a Stampin Up Jumbo Wheel and have never used it.  It is one of those large wheels that you snap into a handle and roll onto your paper.  I inked it up with Versamark and rolled it across the top and the bottom of my paper.  I then heat embossed it with white embossing powder.  I sponged the whole card front with Peacock Feathers and Salty Ocean Distress inks and splattered some water over the ink to add to the snowy feel.
Next, I masked the bottom and top then stamped the image of the children with black Memento ink.  I added scoring lines on either side of the image to define the center area.  The silver twine and the pearl were the finishing touches.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- CHRISTMAS


CASology- OLD

Shopping Our Stash- FREE IS GOOD

STAMPlorations- CHOICE 
(October Stamp and Emboss Challenge)


I hope you Christmas preparations are coming along nicely.  I so appreciate that you took time out out of your busy schedule to come by and take a peek.

Supplies:  stamps- SU (wheel), Stampendous/ Distress ink/ wh. embossing powder/ bl Memento ink/ silver twine/ pearl

16 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

Lovely! Jo x

Ardyth said...

Love the mix of font size, the mix of black and white and the mix of vintage and modern (font!) So glad you joined us at CASology this week, Karen!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

It's a gorgeous card. I love the SNOW snow SNOW in all different sizes. It frames your vintage image nicely.

Marie-Louise said...

Fantastic card Karen. Love the vintage stamp.

Vicki Dutcher said...

Hey Stranger - long time :) -- Stunning blue background I love the overlapping snows~ Thanks for joining in at AAA Cards!

Samra said...

WOW! So simple yet so stunning! Love your style.

Vicki Dutcher said...

and STAMPlorations

Loll said...

LOVE the design of your jumbo wheel stamp ... perfect with the sponged blue background Karen. That vintage stamp is beautiful and love the way you've defined the space with scoring ... so clever. Thanks for joining us at ATCAS, my friend! Loll xx

Donna said...

Fab use of the wheel! And a free wheel at that! Thanks for joining the Shopping Our Stash crew for our "Free is Good" challenge!!

wienerhoneymooners said...

FAB to see you again Karen!!! LOVE this, THUMBS UP on the gorgeous blues and all I can say is wow.... love the vintage.. I was just thinking if I was to have cards made for my mom, this would be it! SHe loves blue and vintage.. and snow.. so perfection..Thanks for adding all your lovelies here, they do not go un appreciated!

Gillian R said...

Fab card again Karen, love the different elements of this card. Thank you so much for joining us this week at CASology

Deepti said...

Fab card ! thank you for sharing with ATCAS n STAMPlorations :)

Leslie Hanna said...

So pretty! I love how you've stamped over the snow with black. I thought at first you'd masked off that section before embossing. I also haven't had coffee yet today. ;/ Thanks for joining us at Shopping Our Stash!

Jo Nevill said...

Fabulous card, love the arty feel you have given it.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge this week.

Jo x

maria f. said...

What a great mix of modern and vintage. Happy holidays and thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month.

Monika Skinner said...

Modern and Vintage, the perfect combination on your card. Love the fresh feel of the blues, great card. Thanks for joining us at STAMPlorations this month. Good Luck and all the best for 2015. Monika