Monday 30 March 2015

New Life

Meet today's card.
I really don't like to throw away mistakes, so I tuck them away and come back and look at them with fresh eyes.  That is what today's card is about.  
I had inked up a card front with Bisters paint again but it didn't work for a card.  Looked muddy and not very inviting.  So, I tucked it away.  Today, I got it out and started cutting it up until I had this lovely little piece left.  I stamped the butterfly from Penny Black onto the piece and liked it.
I then coloured the wings using Copic markers and a Signo White gel pen.  Ok, not bad.
I wanted the card to be clean so added scoring to the card front and popped the butterfly on top of that.
The great sentiment from Daisy Bucket was stamped last.
 Glad I saved that scrap.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Seize the Birthday- ANYTHING GOES

Fairytale Stampers- THINGS WITH WINGS

Crazy 4 Challenges- THINK SPRING


Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, Daisy Bucket/ Signo wh pen/ Copic markers/ Stazon bl ink/ scoring tool- Scorbug/ pop dots

21 comments:

Dotty Jo said...

What a triumph - love it, Jo x

Sarn said...

What a great SAVE! Love the card you're showing here. xxx

CherylQuilts said...

Oh, Karen, what a beautiful way to use something that you didn't quite love (I have more than a few of those - hehe!). Stunning card, and I love the butterfly! Just saw this on my quick visit to FB! Lydia posted it! Hugs, precious friend!

Unknown said...

Beautiful card, you definitely put your scrap to good use. Karen x

Verna Angerhofer said...

Beautifully done. Simple but elegant looking!

Bonnie said...

Great save, Karen! Love that butterfly! The white gel pen really makes it pop! The little bit of scoring adds extra interest without taking away from the simplicity!

Jan Castle said...

Lovely!!!!! I have one on my desk now that did not turn out the way I thought - will have to take another look!!! Thanks for the Inspiration!!!
Paper Hugs,
Jan

Craftychris said...

Really lovely! I must start looking at my pile of mishaps - I never think to look at small sections, thank you! xxx

Jingle said...

This is really quite gorgeous. Thanks so much for playing along with the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge!

cotnob said...

A gorgeous card Karen, your butterfly panel looks fabulous against the white background.
Pauline
x

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Sometimes those big scraps can be pared down to little scraps and then do the job perfectly. What a wonderful card!

Deepti said...

Wowzers! Such an incredible effect :)

shirley-bee said...

What a fabulous save, Karen, it's a mini-masterpiece! Thanks so much for playing at Seize The Birthday :)

Toni said...

The butterfly looks like stained glass--really cool effect!

Virginia L. said...

Your cool hues and blue are quite your signature style! This is no exception! Gorgeous design, Karen! Thanks so much for playing Simon Says Stamp Wednesday “Anything Goes” Challenge!

Anke said...

FANTASTIC and great design.

Hugs
Anke

Pamellia said...

Beautiful Karen! I love the subtle embossed pattern in the background! hugs :)

Loll said...

What a beautiful scrap! :) Great idea to try copics over top ... I learn so much from you! :) Beautiful card, Karen! xx

maria's knutselplezier said...

Beautiful bister creation, I love it!!

Greetings
Maria

Unknown said...

What a great save! Love it!

Bobby said...

You did a great job resurrecting your Blister background, Karen. I love the butterfly stamped off to the side like that.