Saturday 12 December 2015

Walk in the Woods


Morning. 

Today's card is all about finding peace and joy in nature.  Something we are reminded about especially at Christmas time.  I think the snow adds to the purity of the woods as well.
So here's what I did to create my card inspired by the challenge at Splitcoast this morning.  

I began by pulling out my MISTI and the Snowy Grove stamp from Penny Black.  I painted the stamp with my Brushos again and I did that by sprinkling a bit of the pigment powder on my palette, added a touch of water and painted directly onto my stamp and pressed onto my paper.  I then randomly painted the stamp again with another colour of Brushos to give different colours to the background trees.  By using my MISTI, it is possible to layer the colours and add more colour where needed.  I wash my stamp right after I am finished using it with warm water.

After that was dry, I stamped the small Christmas sentiment at the bottom and die-cut the deer from Memory Box.  I sponged some Vintage Linen on the deer's back for more interest.

Adding my card to these challenges:  

CASology- TREE 

Little Red Wagon- SNOW MUCH FUN

The Male Room- THEME CHRISTMAS 

Craft Stamper- TAKE A TECHNIQUE
(painting the stamp with Brushos)

Simply Papercraft- ANYTHING GOES

 

Have a great weekend and thanks so very much for coming by and taking a look.

Supplies:  stamps- Penny Black, The Old Island/ die-Memory Box/ Distress ink/ Memento ink/ Brusho/ paint brush

21 comments:

Pamellia said...

WOW Karen, this is stunning!! I just love that stamp, I have officially put it on my wishlist!! The deer is the perfect touch, gives your scene a real sense of atmosphere...I would love to take a walk in this forest! hugs :)

SD pooja said...

This is Wonderful snowy scene !

*Vicki* said...

Wow Karen, this looks really amazing!! Love the trees in the background! Stunning job!! :)

Cornelia (fun stamping) said...

Wow, this card looks amazing! LOVE it!

Diane Jaquay said...

Another big WOW here, this is really GORGEOUS!!!!

Karen Hasheck said...

here again pinning and admiring! Love it!

Bobby said...

I love a walk in the woods, Karen, but I'm not sure about in the snow. It looks lovely on a card, though.

Verna Angerhofer said...

I adore how you did this. So beautiful!

Gabby said...

Like your trees with the added brushos color! The deer, shaded with distress ink, looks great. NICE card, Karen! :)

Linda S. said...

What a beauty!! I did not know one could dilute Brusho's and then paint them directly onto a stamp. Very classy, and it is nice to see this stamp used a new way.

JanR said...

Another fabulous card using this technique! Thanks for linking up with LRW again.

Davi said...

VERY beautiful Karen, love the technique you used to make the wonderful scene!!

Unknown said...

I love the ombré deer! What a beauty! The technique used to create the forest looks impressive! Thanks for playing along at CASology this week!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Oh! how GORGEOUS, love what you have done here.

Celeste Goff said...

Oh my gosh, so very pretty!

Ellie Knol said...

breathtakingly beautiful!

Loll said...

So beautiful and creative Karen. This is such a peaceful scene. xx

Ellie Knol said...

I've put on another hat now :) LOVE your creation for our challenge!
Thanks for joining in with the TIMI challenge...

xxx Ellie Knol xxx

Deborah Frings said...

Wow - this is fabulous. Love the winter scene. Another fab card. Thanks so much for playing along with our Christmas challenge at The Male Room. Hope to see you again next year.

shirley-bee said...

Beautiful wintry scene, Karen! Love the little deer in the foreground. Thanks for playing along at Craft Stamper Take It Make It :)

Linda said...

This is simply beautiful ..... you've created the perfect winter scene. Thank you for playing along with the Craft Stamper Challenge. Linda xx