Saturday 30 January 2016

Woodland Scenery

Happy Saturday!

This morning I am playing along with the Inspiration Challenge at Splitcoast where we are being inspired by the China Online Museum.
Here is the lovely painting that I used as inspiration:

lin-fengmian- Mountain Forest


I began with a piece of heavy watercolor paper I got from a friend so not sure what the weight is.
Using my MISTI, I inked the trees stamp from Mark's Finest by coloring it with Memento and Crayola markers.  After spraying with a generous amount of water, I stamped, added more colour, sprayed with water and stamped again.  The rest is a watercolor wash.
I cut the piece into panels and pop-dot mounted it to my card front.
I stamped the sentiment from Paper Smooches under one of the panels.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says- ANYTHING GOES

Little Red Wagon- THEY SAY IT'S YOUR BIRTHDAY

Just Add Ink- JUST ADD NATURE 

Crafty Girls- ANYTHING GOES

Addicted to CAS- HOLIDAY
 

Thanks so much for coming by and taking a look

Supplies:  stamps- Mark's Finest, Paper Smooches/ watercolor paints/ Memento and Crayola markers/ pop dots/ watercolour paper/ Mini Mister

20 comments:

*Vicki* said...

So artistically gorgeous Karen!! :)

Karen Hasheck said...

I love this card and pinned it as I do most of yours:) I tried your woodgrain backgrounds technique on 3 cards posted this week. Take a look here: http://karenskreativekards.blogspot.com/

nancy littrell said...

OMG Karen...Gorgeous watercolored forest scene :-) I Love how you cut your scene into 3 panels and only added a sentiment. TFS my friend.

Verna Angerhofer said...

So very beautiful. I love scene cards and this watercolor design is gorgeous!

JanR said...

Lovely card, Karen! I adore the design. Thanks for joining us at Little Red Wagon.

Anonymous said...

Absolutely stunning watercolor, and I love the layout!
Chris R.

Loll said...

LOVE these watercolour and layered trees Karen. So pretty!! xx

Barb Ghig said...

Absolutely gorgeous card, Karen! I love how you split the scene into uneven panels, and your watercolor effect is stunning! Thanks so much for playing along with us this week at ATSM!

JenniferE said...

so pretty!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

This is really cool. You are so creative with the techniques!

Ina G said...

Another simply awesome creation Karen. Love your take on the inspiration photo. I too love the 3 different panels. Great touch.

Wei Wei said...

Awesome! Love your watercolor effect! Thank you for sharing at ATSM.

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

How gorgeous.

Heather said...

A beautiful card Karen, I love the triptych with gorgeous water colouring!!
hugs
Heather xx
Thanks so much for joining us with Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

KimB said...

I love the way you broke up your beautiful water coloured scene into panels Jan! It adds a lot of interest to the simple scene. Thanks for joining us at Just Add Ink this week.

shirley-bee said...

This is beautiful, Karen!

stempelfrida said...

Your card is absolutely gorgeous! I love the three panel design and I am going to have this on my radar for one of my next cards. I love the layout! Thank you very much for taking part in our ATSM challenge. Creative regards from stempelfrida

Jo Nevill said...

Love your card, fabulous panels.
Thank you for joining us at Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge.

Jo x

Tina said...

Oh wow, this looks amazing! I love the way your panels don't line up. Thanks for sharing with us at Just Add Ink.

Bobby said...

Fabulous, Karen. I'd say you have the water spritzing technique down. I tend to get either too much or too little. The colors blend just perfectly on this card.