Monday 24 October 2016

Celebration

 The chill is in the air.  We may have flurries tonight.
Time for another Christmas card.

Today, I am playing with some new snowflake dies called Snow Time from Penny Black.  
I wanted to make some silver snowflakes but I didn't have any silver paper so I made my own.  
I rubbed Versamark ink over a piece of white cardstock, added silver embossing powder and heat embossed.  This is a great solution if you need some shiny paper and don't have any on hand.

For the side panel, I stamped the Tall Timbers from Penny Black with Versamark and heat embossed with white embossing powder.  I then rubbed Salty Ocean and Peacock Feathers Distress inks over the panel as a background for my snowflakes.  
I stamped the sentiment from the Yuletide Sentiments set by PB with black Memento ink and added my snowflakes with a blue jewel in the center.




 Adding my card to these challenges:

AAA Cards- MASCULINE

Sunday Stamps- SKETCH 


Allsorts Challenge- SPARKLE AND SHINE


Have a great week and thanks for the visit.

Supplies:  stamps- PB/ snowflake die- PB/ ink: Versamark, Distress, Memento/ wh embossing powder/ blue gems


21 comments:

aussie aNNie said...

Gorgeous card for our current challenge of 'SPARKLE AND SHINE', such a cute image too...love the papers...Thanks for joining in.
[aNNie DT for Allsorts Challenges]

stampwithamyk said...

Simply stunning! I love your sparkly blue snowflakes and the embossing on the background is just beautiful. Thanks for joining us at Sunday Stamps, hope to see you again soon!

Diane Jaquay said...

Such a gorgeous, frosty card!!

Susan said...

Love your homemade silver cs for the snowflakes - great idea. And lovely frosty strip on the right.

Verna Angerhofer said...

This is gorgeous! I love the colors, the snowflakes and that beautiful sentiment. I have that sentiment set as well and am using it on my cards too!

Princess Judy Palmer said...

Great job making the snowflakes. I've tried that before but when I cut the die the embossing powder cracked and flaked off. Your card is quite lovely and peaceful, perfect for the first snowfall of the season (eek).

Crafting with Jeanne said...

Super pretty card, Karen. Love the silver snowflakes!

Nstiz said...

This is beautiful, Karen! Love the sentiments you have been using and think I may have to have them! Thanks for introducing techniques that we all can try with out purchasing so many more supplies! Love the idea of the side panel, one I never think to use!

PJ said...

Very clever idea making your own silver paper, and your card is just absolutely beautiful. The sentiment is delightfully worded.
http://victoryfirst.blogspot.com/

brenda said...

A super Christmas inspired creation, many thanks for joining our 'Sparkle and Sine' theme at Allsorts challenge this week.

B x

Melissa L. said...

Beautiful, Karyn! I love the embossed timbers on the side panel. great masculine card! Thanks for playing along at AAA Cards.

Bobby said...

The embossed Tall Timbers give a chilly look to your lovely snowflake card, Karen.

Bonnie said...

So beautiful, my friend! Love how you've done the snowflakes and the design the tall timbers made for your emboss resist!

Deborah Frings said...

Absolutely gorgeous. I love the shades of blue, silver and white - very chill! The silver snowflakes are so beautiful. Thanks so much for playing along with 52CCT this week! Deborah, DT.

PS We had a few flurries of snow north of us too! I'm hoping it doesn't come south!

Kajcyika said...

Greta card with gorgeous colors! :)
Thanks for sharing it with us at 52CCT! :)

A. Rose said...

This is so pretty! Lovely snowflakes and background.

Teresa Kline said...

this is gorgeous, luv the blue and silver! I am so glad you played along with us at
sunday stamps!


blog-paperie blooms
ig-2klines

sparkle & shine, kindness *~*

Catchy Sketch said...

Love these elegant snowflakes!

Christine Alexander said...

great way to make silver card stock an love the way you used the PB tall timbers stamp. awesome card

Lisa said...

This is a lovely card, great job with the sketch!

Thanks for playing along with us at Sunday Stamps!

Jenny Colacicco said...

Very pretty and yet stylish and cool colors for a masculine christmas card. Thanks so much for sharing at AAA Cards. Jenny x