Monday 8 May 2017

May Flowers

 
Hello. 
Meet today's card.
Nature is coming alive and I wanted to make a very clean and fresh card and here's what I came up with. 
I began by die cutting a circle from lightweight paper and used the negative part as a mask for the circle.  I sponged on green Distress ink on the bottom and blue at the top.
Leaving the mask in place, I put the piece inside my Misti and stamped a portion of the flowers at at bottom using black ink.  I removed the mask and stamped the whole flower again just to the side of the circle.
The sentiment is from a new PB set called Happy Times.
I removed the mask and doodled in a border using a fine line black marker.



Adding my card to these challenges: 

City Crafter- CREATE YOUR OWN BKG

Crafting When We Can- CLEAN AND SIMPLE


Crafting With Friends- ANYTHING GOES


Have a great week and thanks for coming to visit.

Supplies
Stamps- Clover Silhouette (Magenta), Happy Times (Penny Black)
Ink- Memento black, Twisted Citron, Peacock Feathers Distress (TH)
Paper- Strathmore Bristol
Accessories and Tools- Misti, circle die- Spellbinders, fine tip black marker (Staples), sponge applicator (TH)

18 comments:

JanR said...

So fresh and pretty!

Pat said...

I love the fresh look of the Twisted Citron and Peacock Feathers ink and the clover silhouette goes beautifully, and the sentiment and the sweet doodling round the edge are great as finishing touches. x

Dortesjs said...

great spring card, gorgeous colours ;O)

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

Lovely fresh colours, a Beautiful card.
Faith
x

Craftychris said...

Lovely colours and beautiful card! Love the doodling round the circle! xxx

Princess Judy Palmer said...

So crisp and fresh! I really like this!

Verna Angerhofer said...

Well, you are a doodling artist to get that frame look so wonderful. I love this card and the pretty colors too.

Ellie Knol said...

I SO LOVE what you did with my design with Magenta! Gorgeous card!

Ellie Knol said...

I SO LOVE what you did with my design with Magenta! Gorgeous card!

Bobby said...

There's that doodle again and it circles that bright background perfectly, Karen.

Mac Mable said...

Nature is truly coming alive....As is your lovely card. Great masking and stamping and love your colour choice x

Bonnie said...

I love how the masking turned out, Karen! And the full stamping on the side adds lots of dimension! Fantastic doodles!

Sarn said...

This is so gorgeous. Thanks for sharing the masking technique too.
Hugs, Sarn x

Lisa Lara said...

I love how you sponged your circle Karen and your doodled border. So cheery and fun and elegant all at the same time. How do you do that?!

Christine Alexander said...

great doodled border and love the blue green sponged background.

Susan said...

Lovely fresh spring colours - perfect backdrop for the silhouette die cuts!

Janet a.k.a. swanlady21 said...

So fresh. Love the doodle lines.

Vickie Y said...

Beautiful! Thank you for sharing with us at CWWC Challenge.