Saturday 3 June 2017

Monoprinting and Flowers

Happy Saturday!
Meet today's card.  
Playing with a stencil and my new Distress Oxide inks.

I wanted to give my Oxides a try using a monoprinting technique.  I was pleasantly surprised by the results.  I found the colours were stronger and layered over one another so well.
So, for the monoprinted bkg., I rubbed the back of my stencil from The Crafter's Workshop with the Oxides, sprayed with water and pressed onto the paper.  I used a heavy weight cardstock but you could easily use a piece of watercolour paper.  Love the way the design transferred onto the paper.
It gave me this fun background design which was perfect to stamp onto.
I placed the piece into my Misti, inked up the flowers and stamped them to the side.  I stamped the sentiment and then to add more depth and interest, I randomly stamped the script.


Thanks so very much for coming by and hope you have a great weekend.

Adding my card to these challenges:

Simon Says Wed.- ANYTHING GOES
Craft Stamper Magazine- ANYTHING GOES STAMPED
Time Out- QUOTE
As You Like It- FAV REASON FOR MAKING CARDS AND WHY
(I love creating personalized cards to give to family and friends, 
I also enjoy the creative process and playing with inks)
Stamps and Stencils- WORDS WITH MEANING


Supplies
Stamps- Wildflowers (TH), Journey (Impression Obsession), Script (Penny Black)
Ink- Tuxedo Black (Memento); Distress Oxides (Wilted Violet, Broken China, Peeled Paint)
Paper- heavy weight cardstock (local store)
Accessories and Tools- MISTI, Mini Tiny Circles stencil (TCW), mister (TH)

27 comments:

Dortesjs said...

Very artistic, i do love this

Loll said...

The oxides work great for this technique! Love the colours and your beautiful design Karen. xx

nancy littrell said...

Stunning monoprint background with your DOX inks, Karen. I must try....soon! I love your silhouette flowers, sentiment and script too. TFS and always inspiring me my friend. Hugs...

Verna Angerhofer said...

Very beautiful and love the colors.

Christine Alexander said...

awesome effect with the DOX, looks so pretty with the silhouette flowers. I love the mix of blues and purples.

bensarmom said...

Karen, This is absolutely beautiful. I love the layered colors and random stamping.

Pat said...

This inked stencil background is fabulous Karen and the silhouette flowers and the sentiment and added script look so pretty and make a very stylish card. x

Bonnie said...

A beautifully colored monoprint, my friend! And another fabulous sentiment!

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

I love the effects you get with your crafty stuff, love the black on the blue and the sentiment is wonderful too.
Faith
x

Gibmiss said...

Hi Karen
Stunning card... I have just bought some Oxides... I like the chalky look...
hugs Sylvie xx

KarinsArtScrap said...

it's so very beautifulllllll Karen
Gr Karin

Gerrina said...

This technique looks great with the DO! Love the bright colours and the stencil-stamp combination you used! Thank you for joining us at TIME OUT!

Nota Bene said...

This is a beautiful card! I love the contrast of the black flowers and the colourful background. Thanks for your message on my blog!
Have a nice Sunday, Nele

Barbara Joyce said...

Karen, how amazing! I love this card and MUST try your technique. Last week's SCS "Swipe Your Credit Card" technique was wonderful. I had such fun with it, and will enjoy trying this technique for this week's card! Thanks!

Susanne Vargas said...

This is a cool-looking background! It looks great with the silhouette flowers! Love how you always come up with cool techniques! Will have to add monoprinting with stencils on my list of things to try...

Melissa Bove said...

Beautiful card Karen! That background is fabulous!! Great design!!

Thank you very much for joining us this week at the Simon Says Stamp Wednesday Challenge Blog!

hugs...
Melissa

Bobby said...

That was a perfect stencil choice, Karen. When I look at the card I almost see trees with the light shining through. My technique list keeps getting longer and longer.

Zw@@n said...

Wow, the background is stunning, Karen. Lovely colours and design. Thank you for joining us at As You Like It. Luv, Wilma

Joyce said...

Love the look of those Oxide inks. Your background is so pretty. The black is so stunning against your background. Thanks so much for playing along at Time Out.

Aquarius said...

Thanks for explaining the background technique - something else to try. love the overall effect of the card

Anonymous said...

Just saw your comment on my blog so I thought I would visit yours. I love this card Karen. The effect with the oxides on the background is gorgeous! A really lovely card.

Anne said...

What a fabulous background you created, it works so well with the silhouette. Thanks for sharing how you did it too
Anne x

ShazInOzCardsCalligraphy said...

Fascinating monoprinting technique... love it, and eye catching card TFS.
Shaz in Oz.x

{Calligraphy Cards - Shaz in Oz}

toni said...

A beautiful card Karen. Your background is gorgeous, perfect for the bold stamped flowers, love that sentiment too! Thank you for joining us over at Stamps and Stencils. Toni x

Linda said...

Great use of those oxide inks .... the colours look amazing. Thanks for playing along with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

rachel said...

This is truely beautiful Karen - gorgeous colours and great saying - thanks for joining us at Stamps and stencils - apologies for commenting so late! Hugs rachel x

Ruth said...

A beautiful background and perfect for the silhouette....and such meaningful words. Thanks so much for joining us at Stamps and Stencils. Ruth x